Point of Sale (POS) and Point of Purchase (POP) marketing displays and other collateral are some of the simplest, yet most effective ways to draw consumer attention and increase sales.
What is POS Collateral?
Firstly though, what exactly is POS / POP collateral? In this case, by ‘collateral’ we are referring to the original sense of the word in marketing, which used to relate to printed materials like brochures.
Today, of course, POS collateral can include a whole range of modern media, such as electronic displays, digital signage, and interactive components like tablets and touchscreens.
Why do POS displays work so well?
POS collateral installations are effective in a number of ways.
For example, they can…
- Encourage impulse purchases
- Draw customer attention to a new brand or product
- Act as a kind of in-store salesman, giving you the chance to point out the benefits of your product to anyone who passes the display
- Help you build and strengthen brand recognition
Best of all, your return on investment is significant, because many elements can be produced relatively cheaply, while still reaching a large audience of willing shoppers!
What to consider when planning a POS Collateral installation
- Know your audience. Before conceptualising your POS collateral installation, it’s important to consider what media, visuals, messaging, aesthetics, and colours will best resonate with your ideal customer.
- Know your goal. What are you trying to accomplish with the collateral? If your product is already well-known and you’re purely trying to boost sales, your POS collateral installation may be very different from one trying to introduce a brand-new offering.
- How will you grab the consumer’s attention? Size and placement are crucial, especially in busy environments.
- How much floorspace have you got to work with? Do you have enough room for large, standalone displays, or will some outlets only have shelf space available?
- How many locations do you need to launch to? MegaWorxx can launch 1,000 stores a week!
- What’s your budget? While having the latest and greatest tech and most dazzling materials is, of course, very nice to imagine, this may not be realistic if you have thousands of outlets you want to install in. We can advise of the best available options for your budget.
- Location, location, location – negotiating with your retailers is critical, so your beautiful displays appear where there’s lots of foot traffic.
- Materials – cardboard displays are eco-friendly and surprisingly durable, but if you intend your collateral to be available for months or even years to come, it may be better to go with another material. Again, MegaWorxx can help you brainstorm the best solutions for your needs.
- Employee onboarding and training – if a potential customer has a question about the display or product, will the in-store staff know how to answer them?
- Branding – it’s important to strike the right balance between content that informs and educates shoppers, and strong dramatic branding that’s easily visible from many metres away.
In addition, you may want to differentiate your collateral for different venues – such as including QR codes or interactive elements in an upmarket shopping mall, while keeping things simpler for more low-key environments.
Lastly, at MegaWorxx we can also assist you with detailed reporting for these installations. Our Live Tech application can be used to track and measure compliance executed by field and in-store teams based on your needs. We are equipped to help you collect information based on questions, gather evidence in the form of photographs and monitor data against predefined business rules.
Whatever your specific situation, MegaWorxx can help you create highly effective POS collateral installations that give you the best possible ROI, fast!